Practical Shooting Starter Course (PSSC)
Register for the RSSC PSSC via Practiscore (click on links below).
The PSSC is a 3 to 4 hour course (depending on number of students) offered every Monday night and one Saturday each month (usually the 4th Saturday/before the Intro To Steel Match)
PSSC Course Fees:
$40 – Adults
$20 – Juniors (14 to 17 years old; Juniors MUST be accompanied by a parent / legal guardian)
$20 – No-Show Charge (must notify instructors 48 hours prior to class to reschedule/cancel)
- Students register online and pay fee to reserve spot in class.
- Students receive (via email link) the PSSC Classroom Study Guide, PSSC Live Fire Study Guide and Liability Release documents after registering.
- Students print and review all documents.
- Recommended: Students dry fire the techniques outlined in study guides.
- If possible, students may practice the live fire techniques outlined in study guides.
- On day of class, bring RSSC waiver and remaining cash balance to class, if applicable.
- Attend classroom & live-fire sessions of the PSSC.
- Upon successful completion of the PSSC, your first match is free! Just present your PSSC card to the TNS or Practical scorekeeper upon registration.
Locate the scheduled course using the list below and following the Register button OR you can go directly to Practiscore (instructions listed below)
IMPORTANT: Upon registration, you are emailed several messages from firstname.lastname@example.org. Your registration will then be approved by a PSSC Instructor. Once approved, you should receive one final confirmation email with a link to the PSSC study guides and the waiver / release form for Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club. This message is also from email@example.com. Please check your spam / junk folder if you do not see the message. Contact PSSC immediately if you cannot access the study guides. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to Practiscore to register.
- Click on “Upcoming Matches” on the main screen or “Matches” at the top of the screen.
- Search for “PSSC” to view all of the upcoming classes.
- Click on the PSSC day / time that you want to register for and follow the directions on the screen.
- Before you register, Practiscore prompts you to “Create An Account”. You do not have to do this at this time. Simply click “Continue on without an account” on the Practiscore screen. However, TNS and the Practical Division matches use Practiscore for most of our events, so it will be useful if you begin shooting our matches regularly.
Kippi Leatham & Scott Durkin –
Instruct the 2nd Monday Class & the Saturday Class
The Monday PSSC runs from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and the Saturday class runs from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in winter months and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in summer months.
Matt & Stacy Misino –
Instruct the 1st, 3rd & 4th Monday Classes.
These PSSC classes run from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.