We have a new 2022 rulebook. It is… dated March 14th 2022, was announced on March 23 2022, may be used now, and is officially effective on June 1st 2022!
We are using it now even though some significant changes are not clearly defined. You can – and should – read it for yourself and this Down Zero blog post has links to not only the rule book but to related documents including a summary of the changes. The key points affecting you at a match are:
- You can drop an empty magazine with a round still in the chamber.
- Appendix carry holsters are allowed, with new allowable holster positions defined for both OWB and IWB.
- SSP magazine capacity is 15 rounds.
- CCP magazine capacity is 10 rounds and power factor is 105.
- Retention (shooting from) and magazine stowage are now defined.
- Cover position fault lines must be from 3′ to 8′ long and no longer extend to the stage boundary.
The cover position fault line rule does not define how the shooter’s position relative to the end of the fault line is judged and is has stirred up a lot of controversy. If and when an official workable solution is announced we will update this post. Until then, keep an open mind and don’t be surprised if the enforcement policy changes at every match.